Are you looking for a great way to raise funds for your organization? Tired of spending hours and hours trying to raise funds on your own? Introducing the OPA! Fundraiser - We sponsor your organization to dine at our restaurant, Kalamata Greek Grill in Troy, then donate 20% of the sales from the event directly back to your organization. Simply by eating out together as a group, you can raise funds for your worthy cause!
How to throw an OPA! Fundraiser:
- Complete the online application or print and fill out the application (PDF) and return to the restaurant in-person or via fax to (248) 643-4695. We'll then contact you to set a date for your event.
- We'll provide all the materials necessary for you to notify your organization with our complete OPA! Fundraiser Package, which includes a tip sheet explaining ways to make your event a success, a customized flyer for your group, a press release, a letter to your group members and announcement script (for announcements at meetings/schools, etc). Want to make it extremely easy? Simply e-mail the materials to your group members and in a few clicks you're done - we'll handle the rest!
- Members of your organization, including friends and family, simply need to arrive at Kalamata Greek Grill during the hours of the event, show the voucher included in the Opa! Fundraiser Package, and that's it! We'll issue you a check within one week for 20% of the event's sales!
What does our group get in return?
20% of all sales (pre-tax) brought in by your group during the event will be donated directly to your organization. This includes dine-in or carry out sales from the event. The more individuals that attend, the more money your group earns. A check will be issued within 1 week after your event!
Any organization can take part in our Opa! Fundraiser Program, such as:
- Church Groups
- Soccer Teams
- Senior Groups
- School Sports Teams
- Parent Teacher Organizations
- Swim Teams
- School Bands
- Girl/Boy Scouts
- Hockey Teams
- Grad Night
- Nursery Schools
- Cheerleading Squads
- Booster Clubs
- Student Councils
- Little League Sports Teams
- School Groups
When can we hold our event?
Let us know what day and times work best for your organization on your application and we'll try our very best to accommodate you. We know that helping you find a time and date that will result in the best turnout will also result in the most amount of funds raised for your group.
How does it work?
You spread the word with the help of our Opa! Fundraiser Package, we hold the event. You can hand out the flyers included in your Opa! Fundraiser Package either by mail, in person, via e-mail, etc. Your group then brings their flyers with them to the event and presents them to the cashier when ordering. Participating fundraiser guests are required to present a valid fundraiser flyer with each order to receive credit for the fundraiser. We ask that you distribute your flyers before your event, as flyers may not be distributed at Kalamata or within the perimeters of its parking area before or during your event. Thank you for understanding!
Why choose Kalamata Greek Grill?
Recently awarded 4 out of 4 stars by the Oakland Press, your group members and their families can enjoy our delicious, homemade recipes in an upbeat, contemporary environment that's unlike anything in Southeast Michigan. And, just by getting your group and their families together for dinner or lunch, your organization can earn needed funds. The best part - it's easy for you. The Opa! Fundraiser Package includes everything you need to make your event happen, and we'll work with you to make sure it's a success. You won't have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive your funds - we'll get you a check within one week of your event.
What are some tips to make our event a big success?
After you've reserved your Opa! Fundraiser date, take these steps to create the biggest turnout and largest donation to your cause.
- Attach the customized flyer to an e-mail for your organization's distribution group, including family, friends, office, etc.
- Put a flyer in your organization's newsletter.
- Announce your Opa! Fundraiser on your website, and add a link to a downloadable PDF of the flyer.
- Utilize your customizable press release to reach out to your local newspaper. They're always looking for information on charitable events in the community.
- Utilize your customizable letter to send home to parents for school fundraisers.
- Pass out flyers during large gatherings, group meetings and area sporting events.
- Announce the fundraiser on the P.A. system at a local event utilizing the handy script we've provided.
- Stay at Kalamata after your meal and have your organization's monthly meeting.
- Most importantly, cast a wide net. Talk to everybody. The more people that come to your fundraiser, the more money your organization will earn. And don't worry if everyone can't stay for lunch or dinner - they can always carry-out their meal.